Re: Brand Spankin' New

  • bigdaddyg851
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2010
      i am no guru, but a fan of propane .i start off with a medium high flame when i start to feel the still getting hot and 30c at the top of the column were my thermometer is i lower the heat to a low flame and the temperature continues to climb till reaches about 77c-78c. then i begin to reflux for about an hour . after an hour i leave the reflux at full and begin to slowly take foreshots 150ml then maybe another 50ml to 100ml of heads .3rd cut is the Heats or Middle which depends on how fussy you want to be with this take and slower is better and try and keep the Head at around 78C to 80C for this collect (the ethanol range) then collect in 250ml increments and if you can not control the head temperature or smell changes then collect the balance as tails in a separate container (added to the heads for later redistilling).once i lower the flame at 30c i never touch the flame until get i into the tails of the run and just collect tails till 95c or 96c.
      bigdaddyg