Re: [new_distillers] Re: Charcoal filtering = black vodka

  • Christopher Bedwell
    Message 1 of 12 , May 13, 2010
      It will settle out, then just decant it... Tails are waste, but if you want them for cleaning and other purposes... You could run them through a water jug with a filter... That's how I do basic carbon on my hearts... Comes up nice, I use a Brita water filter

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 13/05/2010, at 11:25 AM, "running_with_rum39" <germ60@...> wrote:

      Putting your vodka in the freezer for a while and then running it through coffe filter a couple more times seems to really help.You should really rince your carbon 3 or 4 times and let it soak for 24 hours before running you goods through, it makes a huge difference.There is a great free ebook all about carbon and how it works. **[[[[ It's called activated book I'll see if I can upload it into the Files. ]]]]

      ** Mod Edit: It's already in our files.