Plastic?

  • rosnekcaj
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11 1:10 PM
      I want to make a seal for my temperature probe and have some delrin available. I wonder if it would handle the hot ethnanol environment.

      rosnekcaj
    • bigdaddyg851
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11 3:45 PM
        depending on the size of the hole, if its not to big. i usually wrap a little bite thread tape around the end till it fits in the hole . then the probe is removable.
        digdaddyg

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "rosnekcaj" <jensor4@...> wrote:

        > I want to make a seal for my temperature probe and have some delrin available. I wonder if it would handle the hot ethnanol environment.
        >
        > rosnekcaj

      • rosnekcaj
        Message 3 of 3 , May 12 4:42 AM
          What I really have in mind is using a 1/4 inch copper coupling which is soldered into the side of the column. Then replace the 1/4 sleeve that is normally used to interface a 1/4 inch copper tube, with a delrin sleeve machined to snuggly fit the probe. Then using the 1/4 inch nut tighten to seal the interface. (I have the means to do this on my lathe in my shop basement)
          rosnekcaj