Re: [new_distillers] Re: Cloudy Product

  • Jerry McCullough
    Message 1 of 6 , May 3, 2010
      I cooled a quart of 92% abv product and a gallon of 46% abv to about 2 degrees C.

      Neither container showed any particles like dandruff. I filtered both batches through coffee filters. The 92% ABV stayed clear, the 46% abv stayed cloudy.

      I took the 92% abv quart and cut it with a quart of distilled wate that I distilled the day before. It clouded up also.

      The 3 quarts of 92% abv product that I started with should have been all hearts. They were the first three quarts I took from a total run of about 8 quarts.

      I guess this is a mystery that I hope will be resolved when I complete the polishing filter I am fabricating. It will be interesting to see if that will clear up the product.

      Any comments?