Juicer

  • williambloat
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2010
      I just emptied a fermenter full of mash to rack in a carboy. This time out of curiosity I ran it through my wife's juicer. Very quick, efficient, and easy to clean up. And I got and extra 3 liters. No more straining, filtering, and mess for me.
    • Dirk Heseman
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2010
        Sure hope you cleaned that juicer up or that extra 3L are not going to be worth hearing from the missus!
      • williambloat
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2010
          I have a very understanding wife that has put up with me for 36 years and once I am able to reproduce the flavor of Jim Beam Red Stag, I will be able to do no wrong with her. The juicer was easy to clean up. Just took it apart and threw it in the dish washer..BUT... Don't go running out to get a juicer. I am having major second thoughts about using the juicer. It is settling out fast and where I normally get around a 1/2 gallon of trub for a 5 gallon batch, I now have almost 2 1/2 gallons of trub. Looks like I'm still going to throw it in a filter bag. O'well, live and learn.