Re: too many heads... help please

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 27, 2010
      Excellent William,

      Your finally understanding there is a direct relationship between
      starting
      ABV and ending ABV in a single plate pot still. While many designs may
      have some internal reflux due to lyne arme boiler design, the concept is
      the same. Keep your initial ABV low...

      Welcome to the wonderful world of distilling.

      JB.

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "williambloat" <blkpowdr@...>
      wrote:

      > Alright, maybe I can answer my own question (sometimes my mind seems
      to run as slow as my still). Using Pint-O-Shine's chart, to keep the 2nd
      distillation (or third) hearts around 70% I need to have it diluted to a
      little less then 24%.

      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "williambloat" blkpowdr@ wrote:
      > >
      > > This was the first time I did a triple distillation. I had diluted
      it down to around 40%. I was running 3 gallons in the alembic. The first
      gallon (after 4 shots) was a solid 86%. The next 3/4 gallon slowly went
      down to 81%. After that it dropped like a stone to 71%. I did collect
      everything in separate pint jars and can tell a difference in the jars
      that were all 86%. OK, keep running slow but, any idea how much I need
      to dilute it down to get a lower ABV?