Spare 50% alcohol hydrometer FS - mods please feel free to pull this if you want.

  • Paul Smith
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 14, 2010
      Hi All,

      Long time no post....

      Anyway due to a friend's need to get some Chinese hydrometers checked out I now have two of these cheap 50% max alcohol hydrometers, They are calibrated at 20C and are reasonably accurate for what you get (+/-0.5% from my testing). So seeing as I have two I thought I'd pass on the second one to someone who might need it more than I do.

      Price AU$10.00 plus postage. Please contact me off list for details etc.

      Cheers, P.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 14, 2010
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Smith <praxis178@...> wrote:

        > Hi All,
        > Long time no post....
        > Anyway due to a friend's need to get some Chinese hydrometers checked out I now have two of these cheap 50% max alcohol hydrometers, They are calibrated at 20C and are reasonably accurate for what you get (+/-0.5% from my testing). So seeing as I have two I thought I'd pass on the second one to someone who might need it more than I do.
        > Price AU$10.00 plus postage. Please contact me off list for details etc.
        > Cheers, P.

        Keep it as your spare. You'll drop your original one sooner or later (Murphy's Law). :)

      • rye_junkie1
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 14, 2010

          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Smith praxis178@ wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi All,
          > > Long time no post....
          > > Anyway due to a friend's need to get some Chinese hydrometers checked out I now have two of these cheap 50% max alcohol hydrometers, They are calibrated at 20C and are�reasonably�accurate for what you get (+/-0.5% from my testing). So seeing as I have two I thought I'd pass on the second one to someone who might need it more than I do.�
          > > Price AU$10.00 plus postage. Please contact me off list for details etc.
          > > Cheers, P.
          > >

          > Keep it as your spare. You'll drop your original one sooner or later (Murphy's Law). :)
          >

          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

          Been there, done that.

          Mason
        • Paul Smith
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 14, 2010
            I already have a high end 50% one, the cheepy I'm keeping *is* my spare! LOL

            It's been years since I dropped one, so touch wood it will be years yet till the next gravitational incident!

            > Anyway due to a friend's need to get some Chinese hydrometers checked out I now have two of these cheap 50% max alcohol hydrometers, They are calibrated at 20C and are reasonably  accurate for what you get (+/-0.5% from my testing). So seeing as I have two I thought I'd pass on the second one to someone who might need it more than I do.
            > Price AU$10.00 plus postage. Please contact me off list for details etc.
            > Cheers, P.

            Keep it as your spare. You'll drop your original one sooner or later (Murphy's Law). :)

          • Jan Ooms
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 14, 2010
              Hi Paul,
              Send me an email to my address above.