Re: Storing backset.

  • JD
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 6:00 AM
      Ok thats an greater idea,

      So the kids need a lot of milk this week :D

      Thanks,

      JD

      > JD,
      >
      > Just stick you backset in a clean gallon plastic milk jug or water jug
      > and freeze it or stick it in the refrig if ya have any space. I just
      > stick mine outside in the non summer months and its fine for quite a
      > while.
      >
      > JB.

    • tgfoitwoods
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 10:24 AM
        jeandenis,

        It sounds like you have more of a honey problem than a storage problem. Write a 15-page treatise on use of the rear-view mirror while backing up (reversing, for those who need it) and tape this to your jars of backset. If your honey is like my honey, the resulting repulsive field will keep you backset safe forever.

        (Peggy, if you're still reading this, remember it's April 1!)

        Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller

        ----snip----
        > Greetz
        >
        > JD

      • JD
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 3 2:37 AM
          I dont know,

          I had putt the jars in a box. and cleaned them.

          Now only once ore twice a month the recycling comes by and collects glas and cans.

          maybe by mistake , ore maybe just thoughtless.
          Though she feld quilty, and bought me a good bottle of wine, and a red plastic storing box to putt them in. ( lid well explanatory )

          Greetz

          JD

          > jeandenis,
          >
          > It sounds like you have more of a honey problem than a storage problem. Write a 15-page treatise on use of the rear-view mirror while backing up (reversing, for those who need it) and tape this to your jars of backset. If your honey is like my honey, the resulting repulsive field will keep you backset safe forever.
          >
          > (Peggy, if you're still reading this, remember it's April 1!)
          >
          > Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller
          >
          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "JD" <jeandenis308@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Oh shoot,
          > >
          > > I normally have about 15 glass vegetable jars with vacuum lids to store my backset in, i put it in hot and then close them and put it on the shelf, were it can cool and vacuum it self and stays there till i need it again. Then clean the jars again with hot water and soda crystal.
          > > ( looks like home canning, but it works great for 2 ore 3 gallons, last backset whas from a year ago and still smelled fresh )
          > >
          > > But now...
          > > My hunny tossed all the jars in the recycling box, and i whas to late.
          > >
          > ----snip----
          > > Greetz
          > >
          > > JD

        • Geoff
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 3 5:56 AM
            Heck, kiss and make up!

            The Baker

            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "JD" <jeandenis308@...> wrote:

            > I dont know,
            >
            > I had putt the jars in a box. and cleaned them.
            >
            > Now only once ore twice a month the recycling comes by and collects glas and cans.
            >
            > maybe by mistake , ore maybe just thoughtless.
            > Though she feld quilty, and bought me a good bottle of wine, and a red plastic storing box to putt them in. ( lid well explanatory )
            >
            > Greetz
            >
            > JD
            >

            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tgfoitwoods" <zymurgybob@> wrote:
            > >
            > > jeandenis,
            > >
            > > It sounds like you have more of a honey problem than a storage problem. Write a 15-page treatise on use of the rear-view mirror while backing up (reversing, for those who need it) and tape this to your jars of backset. If your honey is like my honey, the resulting repulsive field will keep you backset safe forever.
            > >
            > > (Peggy, if you're still reading this, remember it's April 1!)
            > >
            > > Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller
            > >
            > > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "JD" <jeandenis308@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Oh shoot,
            > > >
            > > > I normally have about 15 glass vegetable jars with vacuum lids to store my backset in, i put it in hot and then close them and put it on the shelf, were it can cool and vacuum it self and stays there till i need it again. Then clean the jars again with hot water and soda crystal.
            > > > ( looks like home canning, but it works great for 2 ore 3 gallons, last backset whas from a year ago and still smelled fresh )
            > > >
            > > > But now...
            > > > My hunny tossed all the jars in the recycling box, and i whas to late.

            > > > Greetz
            > > >
            > > > JD

          • JD
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 3 6:30 AM
              Yeah we did ;D

              im glad and happy with her.
              So i have to freeze the next, if i dont have ingredients before i run this batch.

              Greetz

              JD