Re: Moderator Request

  • JD
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2010
      Reading,

      The only thing i really couldnt find an real answer on whas how to clean up the collum, run a batch of vinegar with water true it ore plain water and if ore what vinegar to use , natural ore cleaning.

      though i close all holes and enlength the parts to equal with a water hose turn it upside down and putt in 1/3 vinegar 2/3 water in it and let it soak untill the blue/green stuff ends up at the edges , wich then i clean with a cloth with vinegar and also rub the outer side of the collum.

      it shines, it shines.

      JD

      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 4:03 AM

        Well Roger,

        All joking aside, instead of going through all the verbage in these postings, you much better off mixing you a nice one (or several) and starting off reading Tony Ackland's Homedistillers site from front to back.  See:  http://homedistiller.org/

        It very well organized by topic and has easy reference look up tabs.  You could probably cover about 10 different subjects on distilling in the time it would take you to read through 1 thread of these postings.  We also often refer back to Tony when answering question here.  Then if you want to really get into the nitty gritty on a topic you could now search our archieves.  Also might want to check out the Info base I started in the Links or Database section for some basics.  Not to mention the many good books out there that Mason an others can recommend on home distilling.

        HTH.

        Vino es Veritas,

        Jim aka Waldo.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "flkitfox@..." <FLKITFOX@...> wrote:

> [...]

         Sidenote: Dang Roger,

        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1 5:18 AM

          Sidenote Roger:

          Also checkout Harry Jackson's The Alcohol Library (the owner of this site and Distillers).  There is tons of good info there with several E-books on stills, etc.  One of the "gurus" here you should listen to is definitely Harry.

          JB.