Re: Recommendations for building a copper pot still

  • rye_junkie1
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23, 2010
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "pint_o_shine" <pintoshine@...> wrote:

      > .026 for up to 1 gallon.
      > .032 up to 30 gallons.
      > .048 beyond that for hobby grade stills.
      >
      > Commercial uses .110 to .125 for 30 gallons and up.
      >
      > The bottom of the 15 psi steam rigs is .25 for 150 gallons to 500 gallons.
      >
      > I am sure you have seen these right?
      > http://www.artisan-distiller.org/designs/

      I had not seen those for some reason. I will print that out and go over it this weekend. I was pricing .032 yesterday so it looks like I was in the right ballpark. A 2 gallon Stove top rig would make a nice Gin Still. But a 12 gallon Copper pot rig would be a nice accomplishment. Either one really.
      I am slowly coming to the conclusion that the "Simple Pot Stillers" here may well be onto something. Lately I dont have a whole lot of time for this wonderful hobby but I have gotten accustomed to drinking my own Spirits and have no intentions of going back to Store bought. An all day reflux run on the weekend just isnt in the cards these days. But I can carve out 3-4 hours on Sunday afternoon to run my pot still here and there. Triple X Sugar Spirit done right is as good as any in my opinion. Just rambling.

      Mason
      That X flow head with 2 feet of unpacked column under it makes for nice pot stillin too. Too many choices, so little time.