Re: [new_distillers] Re: weirdest recipe you have distilled

  • Neb Skram
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 19, 2010
      thanks much trying to follow what is being talked about this sure will make it easy...ben

      On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM, rye_junkie1 <rye_junkie@...> wrote:

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Neb Skram <nebskram2@...> wrote:

      > what does MUM and JEM wash mean? i know the "wash" part just not the MUM and
      > JEM part

      The MUM wash (Masons Universal Mash) was developed in these groups I guess coming up on 2 years ago. I did most of the testing and experimenting so it got named after me. The goal was to create a wash that all of the ingredients could be obtained from the local grocery store. It was a success. There are 2 versions. A basic and a hybrid.
      Geoff put a nice Pdf together with pictures Last one down is the write up.

      The JEM wash(Jims Energy Mash)is recent and although it may look similar to the MUM wash it has a different end game so to speak. It calls for a higher sugar content and needs EC1118 yeast to withstand the Specific gravity. The MUM wash uses bread yeast. Hope I didnt botch that explanation to bad Jim.

      Mason