PHOSTROGEN All Purpose plant food

  • j0hnr0bb0
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2010

      Hi all

      has anyone ever tried this plant food? is it safe to use?  is the most important question.

      it says its safe for children and pets (Except fish) on the box , i've also look at the web site , they have a data safety sheet on there, but not sure what i'm looking for !!! http://www.phostrogen.co.uk/products/285/1/All+Purpose+Plant+Food

      Thanks for your help,

      Robbo :-s

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7, 2010
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "j0hnr0bb0" <robbojohn@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > has anyone ever tried this plant food? is it safe to use? is the most
        > important question.
        >
        > it says its safe for children and pets (Except fish) on the box , i've
        > also look at the web site , they have a data safety sheet on there, but
        > not sure what i'm looking for !!!
        > http://www.phostrogen.co.uk/products/285/1/All+Purpose+Plant+Food
        > <http://www.phostrogen.co.uk/products/285/1/All+Purpose+Plant+Food>
        >

        > Thanks for your help,
        >
        > Robbo [:-s]

        You could use it but...

        What you're looking for is the first number, and the relationship to the other two numbers. Yours is NPK: 14:10:27 plus trace elements

        N=nitrogen P=phosphorus K=potassium.

        Yeast needs nitrogen. That's the reason we use this stuff in the first place. The other ingredients don't matter in small doses, but high numbers is just more expensive to buy and wasted in our application.

        So look for a plant or lawn food with high nitrogen (N), the first number and low phos/pot (PK). The numbers are always given the same way around, as in NPK.