Tip From Geoff - Re: Crossflow Question

  • geoff
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2010
      Hi rosnekcaj,
           A countersink would certainly be a better tool for the job but not everyone has a countersink bit so I was going with something I thought everyone should have available in their toolbox.  There is a sketch under "Geoffs Pics" in the photos section
      Geoff
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2010
        Give Geoff the credit on this one - he just asked me to post it for him.

        JB.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tgfoitwoods" <zymurgybob@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey Waldo and/or Geoff,
        >
        > This is a great and useful technique. Its what I used to hold the
        "water-cooled baffles" in my liebig (prior to soldering). These were 1/4
        crosstubes through the 1/2" pipe of the vapor path. While I thought it a
        bit of a pain at the time, subsequent experiments have shown the
        crosstube liebig to produce lots more cooling than a similar but longer
        non-baffled liebig.

        > Just another datum.
        >
        > Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller
      • Jan Ooms
        Message 3 of 9 , May 28, 2010
          Hi Mark,
          I looked at your pictures. You certainly have a impressive hobby setup.
          Can you email me on janooms10@... if possible.
          Best Regards,
          Jan.

          Message 4 of 9 , May 31, 2010

            Hi Jan,

            I appreciate your comments about my hobby setup.  It’s been a while since we last emailed.   Anyway,  How can I help you?

            Sorry for the late reply.

            Cheers

            Marc

            To: new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
            From: jkooms@...
            Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 13:02:47 +1000
            Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Re: Crossflow Question

            Hi Mark,
            I looked at your pictures. You certainly have a impressive hobby setup.
            Can you email me on janooms10@yahoo. com if possible.
            Best Regards,
            Jan.

> [...]

            > I am not making a VM still at this time so I need to decide where I want to take the product from.
            >
            > In the photo's section under "Marc"s photos" I see where he is taking product from both sides of the condenser. Being that this condenser is very efficient would I lose a lot of product back down the column?
            > This would make for more reflux though.
            >
            > Also, would some foreshots and heads lay in the condenser and contaminate the hearts, being that each side of the condenser does not angle down to the column?
            >
            > My question, should I take the product from the condenser or from the plates in the column?

            Australia's #1 job site If It Exists, You'll Find it on SEEK