Re: First Wash

  • rye_junkie1
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 2, 2010
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "fred081646" <fred081646@...> wrote:

      > Thanks a bunch Mason.
      >
      > What is the current MUM recipe you are using. I want to try that next. I have read good things about that recipe.

      > Thanks Again
      > Fred

      My roosters name is Fred. Anyway, I am using the MUM Hybrid for the most part. I just upped the sugar to 10 lbs. I am getting right at a 4 day ferment time. Thats plenty fast enough for me. I could probably speed that up by a day because my start method is slowing things down because of temperature. Since I top it off with cold water the temp I pitch yeast at is in the high 60's low 70's (Fahrenheit)and even with a heating pad underneath it lags for about 18 hours before it gets rolling good and the temp is up in the low 80's. Next ferment I will take the time to get the temp right before pitching and see what happens. Or just wait til spring and not have to worry about it.

      Mason,
      Yes, It gets that cold in Florida.