Re: Differences

  • Cartier2004
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
      Bascially all the crap that was in your original beer, left in the boiler at the end of your run is gone. Then you add water and all the fusel alcohols now get dilluted in new water. The water dillutes the higher alcohols and fusels.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Cartier2004" <htcustom@...> wrote:

        > Bascially all the crap that was in your original beer, left in the boiler at the end of your run is gone. Then you add water and all the fusel alcohols now get dilluted in new water. The water dillutes the higher alcohols and fusels.
        >

        > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "JerryM" <jkmccull@> wrote:
        > Question: Why was there no cloudy product at the end of the spirit run? The upper alchols and fusesl oils should have still been present in the distillate.

        Research "hydroseparation" (sans quotes) in this group.

      • Jerry McCullough
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2010
          Thanks for the clue. Hydroseparation answered my question.

          Great help.