Re: [new_distillers] Re: quick question about a simple still

  • Ric Cunningham
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 25, 2010
      The still is too old to find on a search. I would need a historian - lol.

      On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Dave <bbmdave@...> wrote:

      http://tinyurl.com/ylx3tr4

      look and see if your still is listed here or do a Google search for Barnstead stills

      From: Ric Cunningham <wilypig@...>Sent: Tue, February 23, 2010 9:29:16 PM

      Subject: Re: [new_distillers] Re: quick question about a simple still

      The still is a Barnstead SF269. It looks like the system is copper and aluminum now that I look at it closer. I don't see any solder joints but before I run the system for any kind of consumption I will do a lead test.

      On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Ken <km_services@ xtra.co.nz> wrote:

      Hi Ric and welcome….Before you consider using this still  for making drinkable alcohol you will need to check out what the still is made of and if solder has been used it could well be lead based as this would not matter for distilled water for vehicles, but, not good for drinking check out this link to safe metals and materials etc http://tinyurl. com/yepay9p

      Ken Mc