carbon

  • Jennings Berger
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2010
      WOW, thanks for all the replies.  Very helpful.  I am shooting for good corn whiskey, closer to bourbon, but I am a beginner and plan to start small and work my way up.  I have some super start distillers yeast.  My still is basically a copy of the super stomper from the stilldrinkin website that I built myself. Its not a reflux, but has a packed column and a thumper.  Burnt oak (charcoal) is what I was planning to filter with, as well as ageing with less burnt oak.  Does it have to be white oak or is rad oak ok? I got most of my info from the foxfire book and the alaskan bootleggers bible, I dont have Ian Smileys book.  Thanks again for all the info this is awsome.