Re: Wine made with pectic enzyme - methanol?

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 20, 2010
      Hey Mason,

      I've had a few notable and wonderful sangria debacles when I lived in Spain, but my very best sangria debacle was my wedding. I built a brand-new still especially for that particular debacle, because a friend had offered a wine cellar full of questionable home-made wines.

      I used that pretty-darned-good brandy to make sangria for the reception. The judge that married us recognized the brew was "special", and all the kids ate the fruit slices out of the punchbowl. Nobody noticed until we found all the kids piled up in the corners later.

      I hardly ever wish I could forget that, and 36 years later, we're still married.

      Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller.

      Oh and there was the Sangria debacle that I wish I could forget .