McKenna Bourbon

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2010
      Just sent this email off to the company. We'll see what the answer is...

      Got a pointed question for you. Before last Christmas (2009) I was buying your product from Dan Murphy's retailers. Price was AU$29 per 700ml bottle and strength was 40%alc/vol. Now (Feb 2010) the same bottle with a slightly different label is the same price but the
      strength is now (on the label) 37.2%alc/vol. Considering that the legal definition of Bourbon produced in the USA requires it to be at least 40%alc/vol, can you explain this anomaly of strength as it now stands? Are we Aussies being hoodwinked by you or by the AU Govt? And why the drop in strength at all? I can provide photos of both bottles if necessary, to you or to consumer affairs if you require.