RE: 200 proff

  • Tampagamer
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2010

      It could be done in a lab but  would be expensive and any one use used medical grade alcohol 94% know how fast it simply evaporates so not practical

      If that were the case it would be possible to make 200 proof liqour. Please explain your position on why this can not be acomplished?

      CyberJester

      On Feb 19, 2010, at 3:40 PM, "dirk7976" <dirk7976@...> wrote:

      Rasputin,

      I respectfully disagree. It is entirely possible to remove methanol from a wash even with the most remedial equipment. The boiling points (and vapor properties) for ethanol azeotrope & methanol are sufficiently dissimilar to allow removal of methanol using common distillation practices. This is especially so with a reflux column.