Re: New Still Design Help
- Ric, that's exactly why I was asking how much it should hold.
Anyway, Ric, I was reading the recent posts of Tom making the LM/VM still as described in your sketch and I started thinking about my head that I started building and realized your head might be a lot better. So if you can answer some questions I'd appreciate it.
1. I take it that this would work with a 4" column?
2. Since I'm using a 4" column should the take off be bigger than 1"?
3. What are the benefits to this design, I take it that it makes separating the Foreshots, Heads and Tails easier?
4. What purity can I expect from this and what is the take off of heads ml/minute?
5.How do I run this? Once the thermometer at the top registers vapor coming up how long do I let it reflux before taking off foreshots, how do I know when to stop taking foreshots and start taking heads?
--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "ric" <richutchings@...> wrote:
> Just think for a while and imagine how much heads would need to flow through that dam full of bits until all the foreshots are gone; then consider how much hearts would be needed to completely flush the heads and so on.Your cuts will be so blurred as to be impossible to pick.
> You would have to come to the conclusion it's no a practical solution.
> That will be lots of fun
> --- In email@example.com, "Carter Raff" <htcustom@> wrote:
> > Thanks Jay, the simple answer is always the easiest, it's like dropping a brick in the toilet tank to conserve water. I'm glad you mentioned that.