Re: Distinguising between alcohol

  • edbar44
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 14, 2010
      Just my two cents here but I remember reading when I first started this hobby that the longer you let the spirits sit (age) the better they get, well, I never had the time to waste waiting so never tried it, now, I was forced to try it because of health issues, got hospitalized last July and had a miserable 7 months and during that time had about 7 gallons of 92% ABV just sitting, when I finally started drinking again, latter January, the difference was immediately apparent, didn't need charcoal filtering, stuff actually had no odor and I was quite surprised to see that it hadn't lost it potency. I had about 4 liters in the freezer that was not sealed and that was fine also. I guess the original post that I read long ago was right on the money but who can wait 6-9 months for the stuff to mellow out.