Re: [new_distillers] Kingston Black apples

  • BillyWeeble@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2002
      Hello Group, I received this in the mail bag today from a nursery that sells
      many types of apple trees:

      Kingston Black should do well for you in the Willamette valley (Oregon). I
      know of a
      small cidery in northern California that grows the fruit, and they report
      similar production to ours. There is a tendancy to biennial bearing if you
      don't hand thin.

      We custom graft many of our varieties, which is a two year process to get a
      sellable fruit tree. When we have unexpected sales fluctuations it means
      that some years we don't have a variety in sellable sizes; this year it was
      Kingston Black and Fiesta.

      This year, all of our apples on semi-dwarf rootstocks, M-26, M-7, & M-106,
      are $19.95. Full dwarf, M-27 and M-9, are $21.95. We do not currently have
      a secure website for online ordering. You can call, or fax your order to
      us. We also have a free, paper hardcopy of our catalog that we can send to
      you if you give us your address.

      Thanks,
      Terry Maczuga
      Cloud Mountain Farm
      www.cloudmountainfarm.com

      Does anyone know which cidery in Northern California they speak of? They may
      have trees available also...thanks..........bob..........