REFLUX STILL

  • Mike Haney
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2010

      Thank you very much. I needed that

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2010
        Hi Geoff,

        That's a very good description of the process. I'm sure it will benefit Jody and quite a few people. Many thanks for that.

        I have an animation (only 17 kB) that describes the same thing. It may also help people understand (pics, thousand words & all that jazz)...

        http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/misc/Distillation/FD.htm

      • dirk7976
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 7, 2010
          http://homedistiller.org/refluxdesign.htm

          This page on the homedistiller.org site, while not in redneck lingo, does a great job of explaining reflux stills. If needed, I can translate into cajun coonass lingo.

          This is a wonderful group here. Do some research and don't be afraid to ask questions.

          > Hi Geoff,
          >
          > That's a very good description of the process. I'm sure it will benefit Jody and quite a few people. Many thanks for that.
          >
          > I have an animation (only 17 kB) that describes the same thing. It may also help people understand (pics, thousand words & all that jazz)...
          >
          > http://distillers.tastylime.net/library/misc/Distillation/FD.htm
          >

          > Slainte!
          > regards Harry

        • ric
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 7, 2010
            Yes that is a very good re fence but very dated and I fear is why so many newbies choose to build those complicated and inefficient offset LM stills.

            It really needs to be updated to include VM designs. In particular the LM/VM concept of a Bokakob with a VM off take.

            How does one go about editing those pages?