Absinthe

  • kingdennis_thewicked
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 4, 2010
      Has anyone ever attempted Absinthe with a wormwood/herb maceration?
      I've read quite a bit on the subject and have some seemingly close recipes. I'd like to discuss it with anyone who has attempted it or succeeded... I love the stuff, just a bit too spendy.
    • Peers Cawley
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 4, 2010

        Yes – tried a few recipes all good – Got my herbs and 1 kilo of wormwood from a company in the UK called Herbmoon Hollow – supposedly for wicca / druidic magic got all sorts there, calamus root, gentian root, pine resin (retsina) – you name it, they got it

        Cheers from Peers

        BTW Prestige Absinthe essence is also very good and is a lot less hassle but not as much fun

        BTW2 – Not that I’ve tried smoking it but wormwood doesn’t half smell like cannabis – wonder what a sniffer dog would think!! lol