How to store Sprouted corn

  • evielyn02
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2010
      My wife, a preschool teacher bought a 50lbs bag of corn for a play table at the school. Well after a few weeks she removed it and was going to throw it out. I took it because I have wanted to do a corm mash for a while.
      First problem is how much do I have? > I filled a new 5 gallon pail 3/5 so 3 gallons and 8 gallons a bushel which weighs 56lbs. so if my math is right i roughly have 21lbs of shelled corn.
      Second issue was dirty kid hands. I be leave I solved this by soaking the corn for 5 min in 8-10PPM Iodine solution then rinsed well in strainers
      Now im doing a 12 on 12 off soak/rest. till it sprouts for conversion. I am 24 hours in. My questions for any one to answer are>>

      1:> How can I store my sprouted corn that I am making, to my math I am sprouting engof corn for a 20 gallon wash. I only have 2, 6 gallon carboys. Can I freeze it in my deep chest freezer? I do not feel drying it in my oven is a viable option.. I think it will take all day.

      2:> How can I crack the corn sprout to release the usable sugars. If I pulverize in a blender I feel I will release to many solids in solution