Chat?

  • SSTOLI123@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2002
      What is the location of the chat room and how do I get to it?
    • Dr. M. Legendre
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2002
        On Thu, 2 May 2002 07:25:52 EDT
        SSTOLI123@... wrote:

        > What is the location of the chat room and how do I get to it?

        It's not an AOL chat room, it's an IRC chat channel. Go to www.mirc.com
        and download & install mIRC32 for Windows. You need mIRC to connect to
        openprojects.net; AOL, Netscape or InternetExplorer will not do this job.
        mIRC is essentially free to use.

        When mIRC is running, you need to have it log onto the network
        irc.openprojects.net NOT the default network of irc.dal.net. I know dalnet
        is the default, but openprojects is just SO much more pleasant...

        Once on irc.openprojects.net, join the channel #newdistillers. You will
        see (at a minimum) myself there, and probably others. Just start typing,
        if nobody responds, we might be away.

        I know this seems daunting, but really it's easy as pie once you do it.

        -- Dr. M. Legendre