Re: AIr cooled bokabob designs

  • pugs2510
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2010
      i have used er seen air cooled . i would use copper base board heat unit . .i found them in 4ft lengths vary easy ,then i would rig up 6-7 computer fans mounted onto the fins of the base board heat exchange unit ,Rig that to the on off heat control to your boiler and off you go , sorry this responce was so slow

      later pugs

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "riverpiratesteve" <riverpiratesteve@...> wrote:

      > Has anyone here run any of bokabobs air cooled designs? Ive been eyeballing them. and have been considering running a spiral setup for my reflux tube on top of a lm design still. im running propane therfore im outside in the garage in a canadian winter, so running hoses is a pain. has anyone tried this configuration with luck? this will then run to my liebig condensor, which I was thinking of adding "the porcupine" effect of adding a large amount of copper wire to increase heat exchange and then blow a fan on the two heat exchange areas to eliminate the waste of water. the cold atmosphere temperatures should make this possible im thinking.
      >
      > any thoughts and ideas would be appreciated
      >
      > argg

    • riverpiratesteve
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
        well going straight air cooled seems like too much of a pain, and is not really needed. Due to a few peoples input came up with an idea to utilize a heat exchange system like, a car radiator or the ones found in an air conditioner. Then to circulate the water using a small water pump. If it is an efficient heat exchanger, one should only need a resevoir of 20L or so(ie, a pail). So I guess the design is airr cooled, just a little simpler!!!