Re:pontin oat whiskey

  • Brian Hopper
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2010
      question could i use pearl barley in place of 6 row for my oat whiskey
      iam limmited to what i can get would appreciate any info thanks brian

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2010
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, Brian Hopper <brianhopper11@...> wrote:

        > question could i use pearl barley in place of 6 row for my oat whiskey
        > iam limmited to what i can get would appreciate any info thanks brian

        No. Pearl barley has been de-hulled and steamed to remove the bran. Therefore you can't sprout it to produce malt enzymes.

        However you can use it for a starch source if you have another source of enzymes.