Kingston Black apples

  • BillyWeeble@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2002
      Howdy UPS and everyone, I went to "Google.com" and found 4000 sites
      about these type of apples and the cider they make. Looks like recipes and
      advice on cider making available along with the apples and trees themselves.
      www.cloudmountainfarm.com has Kingston Black , but not available for 2002.
      When it rains here I'll have time to look at more sites, but not today. Hey
      Reverend, thanks for the recipes! ...bob....
    • BillyWeeble@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2002
        Hello Group, I received this in the mail bag today from a nursery that sells
        many types of apple trees:

        Kingston Black should do well for you in the Willamette valley (Oregon). I
        know of a
        small cidery in northern California that grows the fruit, and they report
        similar production to ours. There is a tendancy to biennial bearing if you
        don't hand thin.

        We custom graft many of our varieties, which is a two year process to get a
        sellable fruit tree. When we have unexpected sales fluctuations it means
        that some years we don't have a variety in sellable sizes; this year it was
        Kingston Black and Fiesta.

        This year, all of our apples on semi-dwarf rootstocks, M-26, M-7, & M-106,
        are $19.95. Full dwarf, M-27 and M-9, are $21.95. We do not currently have
        a secure website for online ordering. You can call, or fax your order to
        us. We also have a free, paper hardcopy of our catalog that we can send to
        you if you give us your address.

        Thanks,
        Terry Maczuga
        Cloud Mountain Farm
        www.cloudmountainfarm.com

        Does anyone know which cidery in Northern California they speak of? They may
        have trees available also...thanks..........bob..........