Re potscrubbers

  • DAVID REID
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2001
      Keith,
              It appears I use more pot scrubbers than some others so it will be interesting to see what other answers you get. I do not use the Stillmaker design but one of my own so this is possibly where the variation exists. Pot scrubbers I use are about 1.25 to 1.37" (32 to 37mm) in height when I get them so I tease them out a bit.
      B.r.,  David

      Here's my question...I have a 36 inch by 2 inch column (91.4
      centimeters by 5.08 centimeters in diameter); I have decided
      to...based on the feedback from the many knowledgable distillers,
      use potscrubbers (stainless steel).   How many would you suggest I
      use?  Do I unravel them?  or leave them in a little ball...I assume
      that is there is a little rubber band holding the scrubber together
      that this should be removed.  After removal..exactly how do you pack
      the column?, meaning, after the potscrubbers are unraveled (if that's
      the case)how i place them in, i.e., roll them in a ball or leave them
      unraveled and pack them in??.  I've read that about 8 are sufficient.