Re: [new_distillers] Gert Strand 6kg & 8kg turbos in the USA?

  • John Vandermeulen
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2002
      Re: Turbo anywhere? Brewhaus, Calgary, Alberta ships into the US. Look on
      their website

      Dr. M. Legendre wrote:

      > Can the Gert Strand (Alcotec, correct?) turbo yeasts be bought anywhere in
      > the USA? If the answer is 'no', would any stateside members be interested
      > in combining a large purchase, to get quantity & shipping discounts?
      >
      > I don't want to pay $30 to ship $35 of merchandise... neither do you.
      >
      > I'd love to try these products out, and get all fat and lazy.
      >
      > -- Dr. M. Legendre

      ÿWPC5
    • Rev. David M Cunningham
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2002
        There is a Brewhaus store in the States that will supply the product that
        you seek.

        Someone in the chat room had suggested that people in the States should form
        their own local distillers buyers club to reduce costs. While this may sound
        like a good idea, too much organization and loose lips and paper trails will
        be a sure fire way to have your hobby taken down quickly. If you do decide
        to form local buyers clubs, think of everything first and act very
        cautiously.

        Your Brother in Spirit,
        Rev. David M. Cunningham
        distiller@...

        NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
        intended by Rev. Cunningham for the use of the named individual or entity to
        which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or
        otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail
        transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or
        forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by
        telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be corrected.