Gert Strand 6kg & 8kg turbos in the USA?

  • Dr. M. Legendre
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2002
      Can the Gert Strand (Alcotec, correct?) turbo yeasts be bought anywhere in
      the USA? If the answer is 'no', would any stateside members be interested
      in combining a large purchase, to get quantity & shipping discounts?

      I don't want to pay $30 to ship $35 of merchandise... neither do you.

      I'd love to try these products out, and get all fat and lazy.

      -- Dr. M. Legendre
    • John Vandermeulen
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2002
        Re: Turbo anywhere? Brewhaus, Calgary, Alberta ships into the US. Look on
        their website

        Dr. M. Legendre wrote:

        > Can the Gert Strand (Alcotec, correct?) turbo yeasts be bought anywhere in
        > the USA? If the answer is 'no', would any stateside members be interested
        > in combining a large purchase, to get quantity & shipping discounts?
        >
        > I don't want to pay $30 to ship $35 of merchandise... neither do you.
        >
        > I'd love to try these products out, and get all fat and lazy.
        >
        > -- Dr. M. Legendre

        ÿWPC5
      • Rev. David M Cunningham
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2002
          There is a Brewhaus store in the States that will supply the product that
          you seek.

          Someone in the chat room had suggested that people in the States should form
          their own local distillers buyers club to reduce costs. While this may sound
          like a good idea, too much organization and loose lips and paper trails will
          be a sure fire way to have your hobby taken down quickly. If you do decide
          to form local buyers clubs, think of everything first and act very
          cautiously.

          Your Brother in Spirit,
          Rev. David M. Cunningham
          distiller@...

          NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
          intended by Rev. Cunningham for the use of the named individual or entity to
          which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or
          otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail
          transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or
          forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by
          telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be corrected.