Re: [new_distillers] Can i make a 42 litre wash with one turbo bag??

  • Ken Campbell
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 4:01 AM
      G'day Nathan,look at your grams per litre,your 12 Kg wash is 285 grms.per
      litre where your 8 Kg wash is 320 grms. per litre.Now if 17 grms per litre
      produces 1% alc. you get 16.76% in your 12 Kg. wash and 18.82% from your 8
      Kg. wash.That is in theory at 100% % conversion of all fermentable sugar to
      ethynol.If you can achieve 90% conversion you are going well.Make sure you
      culture up a quantity of yeast to pitch and good luck.Regards,Ken.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 5:28 PM
        << if i have a 60 litre fermenter, would i get more alchohol by adding more
        water and sugar but still using one bag of
        turbo yeast. For example 12 kgs of sugar, 1 bag of turbo and water to make
        up to 42 litres. Would this make more alchohol than 8 kgs sugar, one bag of
        turbo, and 25 litres of water??? >>

        It will not afford you any more alcohol that you would get in a smaller
        batch. It would be relational to the quantity. You may, however, run into
        the issue of not having enough yeast and nutrients to ferment off the larger
        quantity. Your yeast may become stressed when working in these conditions.
        Therefore you may end up with less alcohol that you would have had you stuck
        with the recommended quantities.

        Your Brother in Spirit,
        Rev. David M. Cunningham
        distiller@...

        NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
        intended by Rev. Cunningham for the use of the named individual or entity to
        which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or
        otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail
        transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or
        forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by
        telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be corrected.