Fw: Re: Give Your Sluggish Washes an Energy Drink...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010

      Hi Kacj and Duane,

      Yes, Red Bull works very well but I've had even better results with Energy Drinks higher in the B vitamins and contain phosphorus, potassium and other nutrients.  Also I dont know what some of the other ingredients such as taurine, ginkgo biloba leaf extract or the other exotic additions might do to help speed up the fermentations.  See http://www.energyfiend.com/energy-drink-ingredients for some of them.

      I basically started off following this one but also have dropped the vitamin tablets and epsom salts (since it contains sulpher and Miracle-Gro contains enough magnesium, zinc, copper and iron in trace amounts).   Instead of tomato paste, I get the acid from inverting each pound of sugar with 2 tsp. of lemon juice and a cup of water and letting simmer for 20 minutes or so (do not boil).

      So basically since  this summer, with just about 2 tablespoons of Miracle-Gro and the added Energy Drink, I've found this seems to really make a sugar wash cook...

      It would be fun to try out some of the different brands and compare results. ;)

      Vino es Veritas,

      Jim aka Waldo.

      (Be fun to give those Turbo yeasts a run for their money!)