Fw: Re: Give Your Sluggish Washes an Energy Drink...

  • james beam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010

      --- On Mon, 1/4/10, blfxplk <blfxplk@...> wrote:

      From: blfxplk <blfxplk@...>
      Subject: Re: Give Your Sluggish Washes an Energy Drink...
      To: "jamesonbeam1" <jamesonbeam1@...>
      Date: Monday, January 4, 2010, 7:56 AM

      Could you give the recipe you prefer using the energy drinks?

      Thx,
      kacj

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2010

        Hi Kacj and Duane,

        Yes, Red Bull works very well but I've had even better results with Energy Drinks higher in the B vitamins and contain phosphorus, potassium and other nutrients.  Also I dont know what some of the other ingredients such as taurine, ginkgo biloba leaf extract or the other exotic additions might do to help speed up the fermentations.  See http://www.energyfiend.com/energy-drink-ingredients for some of them.

        I basically started off following this one but also have dropped the vitamin tablets and epsom salts (since it contains sulpher and Miracle-Gro contains enough magnesium, zinc, copper and iron in trace amounts).   Instead of tomato paste, I get the acid from inverting each pound of sugar with 2 tsp. of lemon juice and a cup of water and letting simmer for 20 minutes or so (do not boil).

        So basically since  this summer, with just about 2 tablespoons of Miracle-Gro and the added Energy Drink, I've found this seems to really make a sugar wash cook...

        It would be fun to try out some of the different brands and compare results. ;)

        Vino es Veritas,

        Jim aka Waldo.

        (Be fun to give those Turbo yeasts a run for their money!)