Re: [new_distillers] Re: copper carbon snakes or filters

  • jay lagasse
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2010
      That filter will work just fine.

      If you want to look at a fully automatic system, check out the new filtering system pics in my photo album under Akjay's Operation in the photos section.

      Two stroke fuel is something that I can't comment on because I've never tried it.  I thought about doing it once for my motocross bike but was scared that an incorrect mixture or other problem could grenade the motor and I'm not in a big hurry do rebuild that thing again.

      Later,
      Jay

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2010
        Well Jay I'm really impressed with your filtering system and i'm going to order some more soda kegs .Love your 15 gal keg,how did you polish it? it must of taken a long time.everything looked so nice and clean.,I didn't see how you heat it up.I'm thinking of going electric what do you have in yours .If I do all that polishing I'm not going to ruin it by putting flame to the outside.Have you ever thought of making a double boiler for herbal drinks like absinthe? It seems you like your vodka .is there anything else you make? I'm new doing this and I see you made a new still is that the bokabob style? I made mine by reading the compleat distiller and made Mike's still, a good still,but I see Riku wrote a book and has some new ideas on making it better.Well anyways thanks again Jay for your input.
        barred 4 life
        p.s.
        I'm running a small weed eater I boughtat a garage sale for 5 dollarsgot the motor to run so now i'm going tomake feulfor it and if it blows up no bigdeal if it works ,it's going in my gamefisher 3 horsepower two stroke that I put on my portabote.

      • klayman620@prodigy.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 6, 2010
          How many times can a filter like this be used before the carbon needs to be replaced?