double boiler or bain marie

  • sadangoll1
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2009
      I just got a 15 and a 7.5 gallon kegs ,thinking stick the 7.5 in the 15, weld
      them together then drill two holes on top one to fill the 15 with water the
      other for a extra relief .Now if I took a 1/4 inch hose and ran it in the hole
      and stuck a burner or hot plate under it and turned it on just enough to heat
      the bottom and dripped water in it and make steam then I could make things like
      a herbal drinks and leave the herb and not burn them or would itbe better tojust
      fill the 15 gal full and heat that water for a double boiler?I guess I'm worried
      about to much pressure and even heat,burning my herbs and making a burnt
      product.