RE: [new_distillers] Re:asbsinthe

  • Joe Legate
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2009
      I also like Oxy's sites.  No question.  I prefer the Wormwood Society but Oxy is a class act, too.

      I doubt you'll find any reference to burning absinthe other than the most contemporary of references.  There is no belle epoque history Bohemian or otherwise of setting absinthe on fire.  It was simply a fairly recent marketing gimmick developed by contemporary producers to sell their herbal flavored vodka swill to tourists.
      Joe

      Actually, I like www.oxygenee. com and www.feeverte. net

      There was the Bohemian tradition of burning the Absinthe by dropping the sugar cube (which was lit on fire after pouring the alcohol over it), but it's absurd to do so;