Re: help stainless steel ?

  • billfitz49
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12 11:59 AM
      I've brazed copper to stainless using 56% and also 45% flux coated brazing rods. I used oxy-acetylene for heat with a small tip. You have to be careful not to blow a hole in the SS if it's thin so you want to put more heat on the copper. Practice first on scrap pieces. The rods I used (Safety-silv 56 and then when I ran out, Safety-silv 45) are expensive because of the high silver content.