Automatic Still

  • victorsteelballs
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2009
      I have looked at so many sites that I cannot remember where things are anymore. Somewhere I saw something about an "automatic still". Does anyone know where this was and know anything about its performance?
    • pint_o_shine
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2009
        I build automatic stills. You can see one of my systems at http://www.youtube.com/user/pintoshine

        I am currently working on a low end entry level control system than can be retrofitted to existing equipment. Of course new equipment is a possibility also.

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "victorsteelballs" <BlazingHawk@...> wrote:

        > I have looked at so many sites that I cannot remember where things are anymore. Somewhere I saw something about an "automatic still". Does anyone know where this was and know anything about its performance?

      • schnakeus
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2009
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "victorsteelballs" <BlazingHawk@...> wrote:

          > I have looked at so many sites that I cannot remember where things are anymore. Somewhere I saw something about an "automatic still". Does anyone know where this was and know anything about its performance?

          EasyStill is an electric counter top water distiller which has been modified by replacing the original 480 watt element with a 320 watt element (I think). It does a great job as a pot still. Don't know what you mean by automatic, but it's pretty easy. Just unplug when you've achieved the desired rate of distillation. Available in the U.S. at brewhaus.com . Only 4 Liter capacity tho. Also marketed as SmartStill I think.