Re: reflux

  • tgfoitwoods
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 4, 2009
      Daddy,

      You need to make a decision whether you want taste or strength, natural flavors or high-ABV, Scotch whisky or (literally) rocket fuel. These two endeavors are not completely mutually exclusive, but they are usually at odds with each other.

      A potstill is the logical choice for naturally liquor flavors, while a reflux still is the logical choice for flavorless ethanol-water azeotrope, which you can dilute and to which you can add artificial flavors.

      It's a choice.