Re: [new_distillers] Re: aquarium silicone

  • Rasputin Paracelsus
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2009
      Hello all,

      I was going to use aquarium silicone at one time, but when I checked
      what was available locally, I noted that it said "not food grade" or
      something to that effect, and this gave me pause.

      If memory serves, some people have had good results with it, others have
      not--I'd suggest searching "aquarium" and "silicone" on the message
      archive, since the topic has been discussed many times, and come to your
      best conclusion on that basis. Could be there are some variables
      involved in local products.

      I'd like to acknowledge Jamesonbeam publically btw--I approached him
      off-list about this before posting, to ensure I'd not come across as
      just wanting to contradict, and he encouraged me to post a reply.

      Let me say that it's precisely the spirit of co-operation that exists
      among members of this list that makes it such a valuable asset. We don't
      always come to the same conclusions, but we get along, and the hobby is
      always advanced as a consequence.

      With best wishes to all,