Baileys recipe in France

  • burrows206
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
      Hi guys,
      Can any one please point me in the direction of the Baileys recipe again as I've lost it I generally know the ingredients but as to amounts naw gone blank. (what's new?)
      Anyway the chocolate gloop is find-able. Condensed x 400gram tins are my route, instant coffee vanilla essence no prob. I haven't a clue as to getting glycerine here,
      I can find most things here hair of newt, toad nail clipping and larks vomit not a problem. But I can't seem to find any of the double cream ingredient here in France and when you ask they look at you as like you had two heads. I can't understand it some of the sauces they make here are to die for but they don't seem to know about double cream.
      (so the cream is off the cards)
      Geoff
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009

        Bonjour Geoff,

        No sure which Bailey's cream recipe your talking about, but it its Mason's when you were discussing it yesterday in Advanced, see if this is it:

        2 cups (US) of Irish whiskey. I use my own hooch with the Brewhaus
        ultra premium Irish essence at 45%.
        1 14oz can of Borden Sweetened Condensed Milk
        1 Tablespoon Hershey's Chocolate Syrup in the can.
        1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee. I like the Cafe' Bustello instant
        espresso stuff.
        1 Tablespoon real Vanilla Extract
        1 Teaspoon Almond Extract.

        Add it all to a blender and give it a whirl for 30 seconds or so Then
        Bottle it and let it rest in the fridge. Its drinkable right out of
        the gate but leave it alone for a week and its really good. Its much
        stronger than the store bought version and will put you on your rear
        pretty quick so you have been warned. If you start sipping on it from
        day 1 you wil notice that from day to day the taste changes. One day
        the coffee over powers it and the next it will be the almond extract
        and so on. By 7 days it seems that everything has gotten comfortable
        and happy with each other.

        Mason

        Vino es Veritas,

        Jim aka Waldo.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
          Sidenote Geoff,

          Harry makes a point of saying to add the whisky to the cream or milk and
          not visa versa so it wont curdle.

          JB.
        • gnikomson2000
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 4, 2009
            Thought I'd drag these out & dust 'em off for another go round. Enjoy!