chat

  • stillyaakman
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28 11:24 PM
      Is there ever any live chat here?
    • jtlemprierejones
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28 11:30 PM
        i tried to gointo chat but got error messages
      • Dr. M. Legendre
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29 8:07 AM
          Hey, I would really enjoy being able to do a little live chat with you
          all. Sure is quicker for Q&A than the old Yahoo! group listserver.

          On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 06:30:26 -0000
          "jtlemprierejones" <jason@...> wrote:

          > i tried to gointo chat but got error messages

          To put it mildly, Yahoo! online chat sucks... ESPECIALLY Yahoo! Messenger.

          If anyone is interested in live, online chat - use the REAL (free!) chat
          service, IRC (Internet Relay Chat). IRC predates all other forms of online
          chat by about a decade, and it works very well. I have, as of this moment,
          founded a channel on irc.openprojects.net named #newdistillers.

          Get an IRC client (mIRC or Windows, IRCle for Mac, Xchat or BitchX for
          Unix) and log on to irc.openprojects.net and join #newdistillers. Start
          talking - If I don't respond immediately, just check back. I'm online
          24/7.

          There.

          -- Dr. M. Legendre
        • Rev. David M Cunningham
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2002
            Here are the following recipes that I promised a few people:

            Apple wine

            Makes 1 gallon of wine

            20 (or so) Apples
            2 pounds of sugar
            Zest and juice of 2 lemons
            5 grams of champagne yeast

            Grate or food process the apples, throwing out the cores. Put the grated
            apples into 1 gallon of boiling water and let boil gently for 15 min. Strain
            and put into a pan with the sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Stir until
            cool (about 70*F). Add the yeast and stir daily for 3 days. After one week,
            rack into a secondary fermenter and let sit for two months. Now at this
            point you can distill if you wish to make apple brandy. If you want wine,
            rack and let sit for 2 months, repeat, and then bottle.

            Family Recipe American Whiskey

            2 pounds Corn (off of the ear, can, or thawed from frozen)
            1 pound of raisins (if you can, use light raisins)
            3 Oranges
            15 Peppercorns
            1 Gallon of water
            3 pounds Sugar (the recipe calls for regular table sugar, but I like brown
            sugar)
            3 teaspoons of acid blend
            1/2 teaspoon of nutrient
            10 grams of champagne yeast

            Place the corn into a blender and process it until it is pulp-like. Pour the
            corn pulp, zest of the 3 oranges, and peppercorns into a nylon straining bag
            (tie the top) and place into the primary fermenter. Boil the one gallon of
            water and put it into the fermenter with all of the other ingredients EXCEPT
            THE YEAST. Stir, cover, and let sit for 24 hours. After the 24 hour wait,
            stir in the yeast. Stir daily for 3 days. After 2 weeks, strain the juice
            from the bag and rack the wine into a secondary fermenter. After about 4
            weeks (making sure the wine has fermented out all of the sugar and cleared)
            distill.

            When distilling, be careful that you have fermented out all of the sugar,
            because if too much sugar is left, it may caramelize while distilling.

            Your Brother in Spirit,
            Rev. David M. Cunningham
            distiller@...

            NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
            intended by Rev. Cunningham for the use of the named individual or entity to
            which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or
            otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail
            transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or
            forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by
            telephone (collect), so that the sender's address records can be corrected.