hot plates

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 28, 2009
      Any tips on hot plates. I am trying to get away from propane but commercial hot plates are pricey. Does any body know of a home use unit that will handle the rigors of a full run? I have got a vapor management unit that take around 12-13 hours to completely cycle. Any advice would be helpful. Submersed water heater elements won't work, I plan on trying an all grain boil soon.
      Thanks,
      Kevin
    • Tampagamer

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 28, 2009
          Thanks for the info I'll check it out,
          Good luck to you
          Kevin

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tampagamer" <tampagamer@...> wrote:

          > You want a high power one 1500 watts is prime but very pricy so this is the
          > one I getting this one which is 1300 watts and just 50 bucks
          >
          > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I14C7I/ref=ox_ya_oh_product
          >
          > Any tips on hot plates. I am trying to get away from propane but commercial
          > hot plates are pricey. Does any body know of a home use unit that will
          > handle the rigors of a full run? I have got a vapor management unit that
          > take around 12-13 hours to completely cycle. Any advice would be helpful.
          > Submersed water heater elements won't work, I plan on trying an all grain
          > boil soon.
          > Thanks,
          > Kevin

        • Ed Barcik
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 29, 2009

            This place has what you need if you’re in Australia, couldn’t get them to ship to the US.

            http://www.roband.com.au/roband/Boiling%20hot%20plates/Boiling%20hot%20plates.htm

          • Kevin
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 29, 2009
              Hello, I found a company named Cadco that has a few hot plates worth looking at, 1500 watt single burner around $100.00 and a 1650 double burner for around $150.00. They look a little more like restaurant quality equipment, cast iron burners stainless steel etc... I googled it and they seemed available.

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 29, 2009

                Mile High Distllers has a 15oo watt for 109 dollars and are located in Denver, CO.  See:  http://www.milehidistilling.com/Moonshine_still_burners_s/7.htm

                Many of our members do business with them.

                Vino es Veritas,

                Jim aka Waldo..

                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <healeykb3@...> wrote:

                > Hello, I found a company named Cadco that has a few hot plates worth looking at, 1500 watt single burner around $100.00 and a 1650 double burner for around $150.00. They look a little more like restaurant quality equipment, cast iron burners stainless steel etc... I googled it and they seemed available.
                >
                > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tampagamer" tampagamer@ wrote:
                > >
                > > You want a high power one 1500 watts is prime but very pricy so this is the
                > > one I getting this one which is 1300 watts and just 50 bucks
                > >
                > > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I14C7I/ref=ox_ya_oh_product
                > >
                > > Any tips on hot plates. I am trying to get away from propane but commercial
                > > hot plates are pricey. Does any body know of a home use unit that will
                > > handle the rigors of a full run? I have got a vapor management unit that
                > > take around 12-13 hours to completely cycle. Any advice would be helpful.
                > > Submersed water heater elements won't work, I plan on trying an all grain
                > > boil soon.
                > > Thanks,
                > > Kevin

              • Rick Morris
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 29, 2009
                  Cadco is actually the producer of the 1500W hotplate mentioned. It is a good unit, and $100 is an excellent price.

                  Rick

                  ________________________________

                  Mile High Distllers has a 15oo watt for 109 dollars and are located in Denver, CO. See: http://www.milehidistilling.com/Moonshine_still_burners_s/7.htm <http://www.milehidistilling.com/Moonshine_still_burners_s/7.htm>

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 29, 2009

                    Ahhh hi Rick,

                    Thats for the info.

                    BTW all, Brewhaus Distilling is also one of our recommended suppliers and has treated us more the fairly in the past.  Rick works there and has been very helpful to us all and a long time member here.  If any of you are having problems with finding items, Im sure Rick is willing to help.  Check them out at:

                    http://www.brewhaus.com/

                    Vino es Veritas,

                    Jim aka Waldo.

                    --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Morris" <rick.morris@...> wrote:

                    > Cadco is actually the producer of the 1500W hotplate mentioned. It is a good unit, and $100 is an excellent price.
                    >
                    > Rick

                  • Brewhaus / Hot Sauce Depot
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 30, 2009

                      Hi Jim.

                      The reason that I chimed in is because recently BroilKing went through a bit of a name change, so many people may think that Cadco and BroilKing are different, and assume that because they found a lower price on one that it is possibly an inferior unit.  Cadco was the commercial arm of BroilKing, and they have now taken virtually all of their products under the Cadco name.  Yes, we are at $110, which is still a pretty low margin for us.  Where ever it was found, $100 is an exceptional price.

                      Rick