Re: [new_distillers] Re: run it, or leave it?

  • Peat Reek
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 26, 2009
      Well, I ran it this weekend after about 132 hours fermenting.  I really like the flavor of the Irish peat smoked barley all-grain run!

      There was no activity in the airlock that I could see when I got home on Friday.  I could see some very small bubbles on the top of the mash when I pulled the lid Saturday, though that may have been the result of being released when I disturbed the bucket taking the lid off.  Racked off the mash, ran it full on for the first run, ended with about 4L at 30%.  Made second run yesterday, cuts at about 80 and 50%.  About 750ml of feints and 2L of middles at 65% sitting on oak chips now.  Mmmmm....