fermentation finished?

  • fryguy17601
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2009
      This is my first sugar wash. The wash is showing 20 proof right now. When I put a Hygrometer in it was just above the 999 which is above 1.0 so is this ready or not. It got to cold in the garage recently and the bucket temp dropped to 63 degrees so I know it is probably not doing anything now. Tastes sour right now also.

      Thanks
    • gnikomson2000
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2009
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "fryguy17601" <fryguy@...> wrote:

        > This is my first sugar wash. The wash is showing 20 proof right now. When I put a Hygrometer in it was just above the 999 which is above 1.0 so is this ready or not. It got to cold in the garage recently and the bucket temp dropped to 63 degrees so I know it is probably not doing anything now. Tastes sour right now also.
        >
        > Thanks

        It's ready to distil.