looking for a recipe For

  • No Name
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
      Hiya everyone..
      Been a while since I have been active in the group.. We're just now getting over the busy season for our part of the woods..

      Anyways, My wife (while I was out of town:) had the pleasure of Tasting one of the old timers brew from around these parts. She's claiming that she doesn't want anything else.

      He called it Apple Pie. Or atleast that what's stuck in her mind.
      Hopefully someone here has an idea.. If so please pass on the info Recipe..
      this would be a big help. Being the old man I'm speaking of won't budge a bit. then again If I had something that My wife would drink Like I'd go pro. And wouldn't share secerts either.
      Thanks Up front for any leads. Nameless
    • *
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
        INGREDIENTS

        * 1 gallon apple juice
        * 1 gallon apple cider
        * 3 cups white sugar
        * 8 cinnamon sticks
        * 1 (750 milliliter) bottle 190 proof grain alcohol
        combine apple juice, apple cider, sugar and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool completely.
        When juice mixture is cool, Stir in the grain alcohol.
      • *
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
          that can be grain or neutral the proof is the important part. could hold back some of the sugar also. great drink

          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "*" <goodneighbor69@...> wrote:

          > INGREDIENTS
          >
          > * 1 gallon apple juice
          > * 1 gallon apple cider
          > * 3 cups white sugar
          > * 8 cinnamon sticks
          > * 1 (750 milliliter) bottle 190 proof grain alcohol
          > combine apple juice, apple cider, sugar and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool completely.
          > When juice mixture is cool, Stir in the grain alcohol.

        • KM Services
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009

            Interesting Recipe Mate ; This looks rather tasty and might give it a go …which have you used US or IMP gallons? so I can convert to litres as I do not think in imperial anymore.

            Ken Mc

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 12, 2009
              thats us gal.

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 13, 2009
                Thank you very much for that info.. Will be given this one a go. I can see why My wifey would like it. Thinking it may be a bit sweet for my taste. Even with holding back on the sugar.
                Much thanks for the recipe.
                Nameless.

                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "*" <goodneighbor69@...> wrote:

                > that can be grain or neutral the proof is the important part. could hold back some of the sugar also. great drink
                >

                > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "*" <goodneighbor69@> wrote:
                > >
                > > INGREDIENTS
                > >
                > > * 1 gallon apple juice
                > > * 1 gallon apple cider
                > > * 3 cups white sugar
                > > * 8 cinnamon sticks
                > > * 1 (750 milliliter) bottle 190 proof grain alcohol
                > > combine apple juice, apple cider, sugar and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool completely.
                > > When juice mixture is cool, Stir in the grain alcohol.

              • fun4all903
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 18, 2009
                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "*" <goodneighbor69@...> wrote:

                  > INGREDIENTS
                  >
                  > * 1 gallon apple juice
                  > * 1 gallon apple cider
                  > * 3 cups white sugar
                  > * 8 cinnamon sticks
                  > * 1 (750 milliliter) bottle 190 proof grain alcohol
                  > combine apple juice, apple cider, sugar and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool completely.
                  > When juice mixture is cool, Stir in the grain alcohol.

                  I use 1 cup of sugar..