Re: [new_distillers] Re: Thinking of going to an electric burner

  • Phil
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 12, 2009
      I replaced the 120V element in my water heater boiler with a 208V 2500W unit.  My effective wattage is around 1440, It is over twice as long as the original one, so lots more surface area.  I have had no issue at all with burnt grain wort in it.  It takes 3 gallons to reach the hole in the side of the 20 gallon heater, so I never put less than 6 gallons of liquid in it, generally I shoot for 8.